Organizations and filmmakers may submit as many film and video projects as they wish. For each submission, the Council must receive the following by June 18:
- the submission form, completed online at www.fundfilm.org/call_for_entries/call_sub_form.cfm.
- a print copy of the confirmation page, along with five DVD copies of your film
- a check in the amount of $60 payable to the Council on Foundations for each submission. This fee helps cover a portion of the program’s administrative expenses.
DVD submission instructions:
- Do not include more than one project on a single DVD.
- Films in languages other than English must have subtitles or be dubbed. DVDs must be formatted in Region 0 or 1.
- If submitting a film from a multi-part series, submit only one episode, up to 90 minutes, that stands on its own.
Projects may be submitted by filmmakers, project directors, sponsors, or funding sources. If possible, the person or organization submitting the work should provide published reviews of the work, articles about the project or funders, and promotional and outreach materials, such as stills, brochures, press releases, etc.
The Council on Foundations can only be responsible for the safety of your work while it’s in our possession—from the time it arrives at the Council’s offices to the time it is returned to you. If damage or loss occurs during this time frame, the Council will compensate you for the DVD(s) lost or damaged. Please do not submit original materials.